Restoration and Repair
Fires can be especially devastating to your home or business.
After the fire trucks leave, your property will likely suffer from not only fire and smoke damage, but also widespread water damage and flooding from firefighting efforts.
Legend Disaster Cleanup specializes in fire and water damage restoration.
With our experience comes expertise which allows us to quickly clean up and restore your home to what it looked like before the fire damage occurred.
We can also remove that terrible smoke odor and deep-clean soot from your upholstery and carpet.
- Is it safe to enter the house?
- Be extra cautious of Electrical damage.
- Fire damage materials can retain heat, be extra careful.
- Only do activities that are safe for you to perform.
What to do after a Fire Damage
- Limit your movements – this prevents soot particles embedding into your upholstery and carpets.
- Take towels or old linens and place them on rugs, upholstery and carpet traffic areas.
- Empty your freezer, and refrigerator and prop doors open if your electricity is off.
- If you have chrome, put a light coating of petroleum jelly or oil to clean and protect it.
- Wash your houseplants on both sides of leaves.
- Change your HVAC filters.
- Tape double layers of cheesecloth over air registers.
- CONTACT Legend Disaster Cleanup immediately!
What NOT to do after Fire Damage
- Don’t try washing painted surfaces or walls before contacting your Legend Disaster Cleanup professional.
- Don’t shampoo carpet or upholstery.
- Don’t clean electrical appliances that may have been near the fire, heat or water without talking with an authorized repair service.
- Don’t turn on ceiling fixtures if the ceiling’s wet, as the wiring could be damaged.
- Don’t take your clothes to an ordinary dry cleaner. Improper cleaning can cause the smoke odor to set in.